TravelDon’t look down: Swiss open new foot bridge near Matterhorn
Before Saturday's opening, Alpine explorers had to descend into the town of Randa and scale another ascent since a shorter foot bridge was closed in 2010 due to unstable terrain.
TravelUS to exempt journalists, aid workers from NKorea travel ban
"The Department of State has determined that the serious risk to United States nationals of arrest and long-term detention represents imminent danger to the physical safety of United States nationals traveling to and within the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)," says the Federal Register notice signed by Tillerson. "Therefore ... all United States passports are declared invalid for travel to, in or through the DPRK unless specially validated for such travel."
TravelTeen evaluated after jumping from plane when it landed
"It was as if he was like flying out, like it was really fast," passenger Sophia Gibson told San Jose television station KNTV.
TravelWrecks, sunken treasures lie under Albania’s coastal waters
"From what I've seen so far, you can't swim more than a few meters without finding something that's amazing, whether it's on the cultural history side or the natural history side, here in Albania," said Derek Smith, a coastal and maritime ecologist and research associate who has been working with the non-profit RPM Nautical Foundation to explore the Albanian coastline for the past decade.
TravelNo visa, no veil? Saudi Arabia may ease rules for tourists
The sovereign wealth fund developing the project is headed by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the young prince who in June was named heir to the throne by his father King Salman. The prince is overseeing a dramatic overhaul of the economy to lessen its dependence on oil exports for revenue.
- Former Colorado travel group owners told to pay state $7M
- Thousands pelt each other in Spain’s messy “Tomatina” fight
- Your personal travel coach: Meet travel blogger Nomadic Matt
- Big Ben bell falls silent in London for repairs until 2021
- Hyundai unveils new fuel cell SUV with longer travel range
- A look at a NAACP travel warning to would-be Missouri guests
- Canadian Rockies: From rugged hikes to upscale resorts
- Grab your bonnet and musket: It’s a 19th-century getaway
- Air Berlin files for bankruptcy after shareholder pulls plug
- Drinking problem: Ryanair wants UK airports to curb alcohol
- Project aims to attract tourists to remote Albanian villages
- Beautiful Bruges: Old-world Europe in the present