“I’m a Colorado native who received all of my education in Colorado. When I was a student, 65 percent of funding came from the state and 35 percent came from the student,” she said. “Now that is flipped the 35 percent comes from the state and the burden falls on the student to pay the other 65 percent.”
Why not fleece the faithful at the fundraiser and then raise the political cache of Romanoff by peddling some quotes and photos all over the region?
“I will do everything in my power to protect (Buckley) because of its military importance and its economic importance,” he said, adding that the base plays a critical role in both the local and national economy. “I think there are plenty of places to cut the budget that don’t hurt national defense or the middle class.”
Standing outside Coffman’s district office in Aurora, Tom Sullivan, whose son Alex was killed in the July 20, 2012, attack, urged a vote for Coffman’s challenger in the election, Democrat Andrew Romanoff, who supports universal background checks
DENVER | U.S. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi held a breakfast fundraiser for former Colorado House Speaker Andrew Romanoff, who is running against Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Coffman. A Democratic state official says the fundraiser happened at a private residence in Denver Wednesday morning. No other details were available. The 6th District race between Romanoff […]
The large amount of money already raised signals that the Congressional District 6 race is one of the most highly competitive races in the nation, Lorenz said.
“We just had an election, and voters elected me to be their representative, not a full-time candidate,” he said. “Right now, I’m focused on working across the aisle for policies to help Colorado’s working families and small business owners succeed.”
“Our state has no patience for ideological extremism or intransigence,” said Romanoff, who has served four terms in the Colorado House of Representatives, including two terms as House speaker. “What we need, now more than ever, are men and women committed to solving problems, not just pointing fingers or picking fights.”