ObituariesBoxing great Aaron Pryor, who battled Arguello, dies at 60
"He was very unorthodox and could throw punches from all kinds of angles with great hand speed," said former Associated Press boxing writer Ed Schuyler Jr. "He was a great fighter, it's too bad he didn't have more fights."
Obituaries‘Thriller’ songwriter Rod Temperton dies in London at age 66
Jon Platt of Warner/Chappell said Temperton was the sole writer of "Thriller," ''Off the Wall," ''Rock with You" and other major hits. He said Temperton's family is "devastated" and is planning a private funeral.
ObituariesMan who got generations singing Oscar Mayer Wiener song dies
"We were always getting out of school to hop a train and meet our dad at a Chicago recording studio," his daughter, Linda Bruun, recalled in the funeral home obituary.
ObituariesGloria Naylor, who wrote ‘The Women of Brewster Place,’ dies
"The Women of Brewster Place" is Naylor's self-described "love letter" to a determined community of seven African-American women in a decaying housing project, the exact location unspecified. It was published in 1982 and praised by The New York Times as "emotionally satisfying and technically accomplished," with Brewster Place itself the narrative's star. "Brewster Place" won the National Book Award for best first fiction and was often likened to novels by Toni Morrison and Alice Walker among others as landmark books by black women.
ObituariesEx-Alaska official, son of legendary broadcaster, dies at 92
"He was so different from his father. But I think that, in all fairness, I think he would not mind me saying that that was part of why he came to Alaska. He and my Mom, they put some actual miles between themselves and their parents on the East Coast," Donaghy said.
- ‘Thriller’ songwriter Rod Temperton dies in London at age 66
- Man who got generations singing Oscar Mayer Wiener song dies
- Gloria Naylor, who wrote ‘The Women of Brewster Place,’ dies
- Ex-Alaska official, son of legendary broadcaster, dies at 92
- DaVonna Mae Wren dies at 84
- Israel mourns as preparations begin for Shimon Peres’ funeral
- What’s in a name? For Arnold Palmer iced tea and lemonade
- Sybil Marie Rew dies at 93
- Walter Bush, former hockey executive, dies at 86
- Joe Coors Jr., member of prominent brewing family, dies
- Diane Antener died August 19, 2016
- Former Air Force quarterback Dee Dowis dies in car accident