ObituariesResearcher who led fight to eradicate smallpox dies at 87
"D.A. Henderson truly changed the world for the better," the center's director, Tom Inglesby, said in a statement.
ObituariesFilmmaker who made illustrations into moving images dies
Scholastic Inc. senior vice president Kyle Good says Schindel died of natural causes Saturday in Weston. Scholastic bought Schindel's company, Weston Woods Studios, in 1996.
ObituariesCounterfeit pain pills likely came to Prince illegally
"They will not say it was just Prince's fault and let it go at that," said Phil Turner, a former federal prosecutor in Chicago now in private practice.
ObituariesJack Riley, Mr. Carlin on ‘The Bob Newhart Show,’ dies at 80
Besides portraying grumpy, self-absorbed Mr. Carlin on the 1970s "Newhart" sitcom and providing the voice for absent-minded dad Stu Pickles on "Rugrats" and its spinoff, "All Grown Up!," Riley appeared in the Mel Brooks films "History of the World: Part I," ''High Anxiety" and "Spaceballs."
ObituariesPrize-winning author Joyce Carol Thomas dead at 78
Thomas died Aug. 13 at Stanford University Medical Center in California of cirrhosis of the liver stemming from a bad blood transfusion decades ago, according to her sister, Flora Krasnovsky.
- Actor Marvin Kaplan, a diner patron on ‘Alice,’ dead at 89
- Secret Service agent who protected LBJ dies in Texas
- Counterfeit pain pills likely came to Prince illegally
- Filmmaker who made illustrations into moving images dies
- Researcher who led fight to eradicate smallpox dies at 87
- Prize-winning author Joyce Carol Thomas dead at 78
- Founding guitarist of 3 Doors Down Matt Roberts dies
- Jack Riley, Mr. Carlin on ‘The Bob Newhart Show,’ dies at 80
- Prominent German historian Ernst Nolte dies at 93
- Arthur Hiller, versatile director of ‘Love Story,’ dies
- Joao Havelange, former president of FIFA, dies at age 100
- Billionaire landowner the Duke of Westminster dies at 64