ObituariesServices for Abe Joiner of Aurora, 88, slated for July 2
Services for Mr. Joiner are slated for 10 a.m. July 2 at the Newcomer Funeral Home, 190 Potomac St. in Aurora.
Obituaries‘Eight is Enough’ star Dick Van Patten dies at 86
"Every day on set he was a happy, jovial person, always generous and ready to play, tease and always keep us all laughing," said Buckley. "He was the consummate professional, a wonderful actor, master of comedy, and a kind and generous human being."
ObituariesDenver architect who fled Nazi persecution dies at 86
Kahn's many projects were of great service to communities throughout Colorado. In 1965, Kahn designed Denver's largest modern orthodox synagogue, where he was a member of the congregation.
ObituariesJames Salter, author of ‘A Sport and a Pastime,’ dead at 90
"Reading Salter taught me to boil down my writing to its essence," Lahiri once wrote. "To insist upon the right words, and to remember that less is more. That great art can be wrought from quotidian life."
ObituariesWendell Holmes, singer, songwriter of Holmes Brothers, dies
Paul Kahn, Holmes' manager, says the 71-year-old musician died Friday at his home in Rosedale, Maryland. Kahn says Holmes died of complications from pulmonary hypertension.
- Edward Marlin Rosenzweig
- MLK sculptor remembered for art, passion after deadly crash
- Former Air Force One pilot for LBJ dies in Texas at 90
- Nintendo’s Iwata who led through successes, woes dies at 55
- Roger Rees, Tony winner and Robin Colcord on ‘Cheers,’ dies
- Omar Sharif, of “Doctor Zhivago,” “Lawrence of Arabia,” dies
- ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’ actress Amanda Peterson dies at 43 in Greeley
- Longtime Kansas City Chiefs executive Jck Steadman dies at 86
- John Whitman, husband of former New Jersey governor, dies
- Funeral held for Inkster woman deemed world’s oldest person
- Pollack, last original employee of NBA’s 1st season, dies
- Services for Abe Joiner of Aurora, 88, slated for July 2