AURORA | The Denver Broncos have launched their inaugural Broncos Bookworms Summer Reading Program for the summer.
The program started June 1 and will run through Aug. 15, and aims to encourage elementary school-aged children to focus on their literary skills and enhance their reading comprehension. The Broncos will partner with libraries in the Denver metro area to distribute Broncos Playbooks with activities and a reading log.
Broncos Playbooks can be picked up at any participating Aurora Public Library or Anythink Library (Adams County) branch, and can also be downloaded and printed at www.denverbroncos.com/bookworms.
Kids must read five books over the course of the summer to be eligible to become a member of the Broncos Bookworms. Upon completion of the program, Broncos Bookworms member will receive a certificate of recognition, a Broncos bookmark and an invitation to an end of summer Jr. Training Camp Reception at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.
Additionally, as part of the program, the Broncos will host a number of “Storytime with Miles” events featuring Miles the Mascot and Denver Broncos Cheerleaders reading to kids at the following Aurora public libraries:
• Wednesday, June 14, 10 a.m. at Central, 14949 E. Alameda Pkwy.
• Wednesday, June 21, 10:30 a.m at Martin Luther King, Jr., 9898 E. Colfax Ave.
• Monday, June 26, 10:30 a.m at Tallyn’s Reach Library, 23911 E. Arapahoe Rd.
• Thursday, July 6, 10 a.m., Mission Viejo Library, 15324 E. Hampden Circle
• Tuesday, July 11, 10:30 a.m. at Iliff, 2253 S. Peoria St.
•Tuesday, July 18, 10:30 a.m., Hoffman Heights, 1298 Peoria St.