Unattended cooking sparks Aurora apartment fire Sunday afternoon

One man was transported to a nearby hospital with injuries, while another man was displaced by the blaze, which damaged two units and made them uninhabitable.

AURORA | An apartment fire Sunday afternoon, April 24, started after food was left cooking unattended after a resident fell asleep.

Aurora fire crews work the scene of an apartment fire Sunday, April 24, 2016, on South Fulton Way in Aurora. (Photo courtesy of Aurora Fire Rescue)
Aurora fire crews work the scene of an apartment fire Sunday, April 24, 2016, on South Fulton Way in Aurora. (Photo courtesy of Aurora Fire Rescue)

Aurora fire crews responded after 4 p.m. Sunday to a report of an apartment fire at 1384 S. Fulton Way. One man was transported to a nearby hospital with injuries, while another man was displaced by the blaze, which damaged two units and made them uninhabitable.

By about 4:45 p.m. Aurora fire tweeted they had the fire under control.

The Red Cross has provided emergency shelter, food and other assistance to the men displaced by the fire.

It is not immediately clear the extent of the damage caused by the fire. Aurora fire investigators are still investigating.

.

Comments are closed.