Man convicted of 2014 north Aurora slaying

Ignacio Luque-Verdugo, 32, opened fire at Bronco Bar in November 2014, following an altercation near the pool tables. He shot and killed Andres Cinto-Duran, 29, and wounded Sergio Cinto-Duran, 35, leaving him paralyzed. He also Manuel Rios-Rios, 30, twice.

ADAMS COUNTY | An Adams County jury last week convicted a man of first-degree murder for gunning down one person and wounding two others in 2014 at a north Aurora bar.

Ignacio Luque-Verdugo, 32,  was convicted late Friday and is set for sentencing in June. The first-degree murder conviction carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

According to a statement from Adams County prosecutors, Luque-Verdugo opened fire at Bronco Bar, 9496 E. Montview Blvd., in November 2014, following an altercation near the pool tables. He shot Andres Cinto-Duran, 29, six times — including several times in the back while he was on the ground — killing him, and wounded Sergio Cinto-Duran, 35, leaving him paralyzed. He also shot Manuel Rios-Rios, 30, twice.

District Attorney Dave Young told the jury during closing arguments that Clinto-Duran had been set to become a United States citizen the following May, according to the statement.

Luque-Verdugo fled the scene after the shooting and was arrested in California the following summer. He was later extradited to Colorado to face charges.

Prosecutors, who also used video surveillance to make their case, said Luque-Verdugo’s DNA was found on a beer bottle he set on the pool table before opening fire.