Nation and World‘Miracle underway’: Rescuers pull out avalanche survivors
But for the loved ones of at least 16 others believed still trapped in the doomed mountain resort, the agonizing wait to learn their relatives' fate dragged on
Nation and WorldTiming of Mexico drug lord’s extradition seen as political
"They could not send him after Trump was inaugurated because the interpretation would have been that of a tribute," Hope said. "But maybe they wanted to do it close enough so that both administrations — the outgoing and the incoming — could really make some political hay out of this."
Nation and WorldAnimal treatment questions cancel ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ premiere
They say in a joint statement that Universal decided to cancel the premiere because Amblin's review of the video "is still ongoing."
Nation and WorldTrump’s big day underway: Tea with Obamas, then the oath
"It all begins today!" Trump tweeted at daybreak, before attending a morning service with his family as light rain fell. "THE MOVEMENT CONTINUES - THE WORK BEGINS!"
Nation and WorldProtesters make their mark on Trump’s inauguration
Police used chemical spray on some protesters in an effort to control the unruly crowd. Hundreds gathered outside the National Press Club in downtown Washington, where the "DeploraBall" was being held.
Nation and WorldStudy finds global warming could steal postcard-perfect days
On average, Earth will have 10 fewer days of mild and mostly dry weather by the end of the century, the researchers estimate. Some places will get more days perfect for picnics or outdoor weddings, while other places will lose a lot
- Hawaii bill compels mediation for Zuckerberg-type land deals
- Trump gets Obama’s house, title — even his Twitter handle
- Melee near Trump’s parade route as police, protesters clash
- FACT CHECK: Trump starts on familiar note: with exaggeration
- Obama exits the presidency voicing optimism for the future
- ‘Miracle underway’: Rescuers pull out avalanche survivors
- Western drought watchers keep wary eye on Lake Mead level
- US rig count jumps 35 this week to 694; Texas up 17
- Promises, subdued pomp and protests as Trump sworn in
- FRIDAY NEWS IN A RUSH: 10 stories that will be talked about today
- A look at notable dates in Mexico’s decade-old drug war
- NYPD officer set to testify about killing of unarmed teen