Today’s Colorado Table menu features a splendid repast of local food features.
• Colorado Table editor John Lehndorff profile Flava, a year-old Aurora strip-mall cafe where a fresher take on traditional Southern comfort food is attracting fans:
• Try this recipe for Pasta Caprese Salad using fresh Colorado heirloom tomatoes:
• Colorado Food News includes the Don’t Give, Ask policy on drinking straws:
• The Colorado Food Calendar: Taste of Colorado Fried Chicken Contest; Mushroom Fest in Eagle; Taste of the Nation and more:
John Lehndorff is the editor of Colorado Table in the Aurora Sentinel, Buckley Guardian and Life Science publications and sites. He writes the Nibbles column.
• Send information about food events, classes, festivals, wine dinners and tours in the metro area and all over Colorado to: email@example.com.
• Facebook: Be sure to “like” the Nibbles Facebook page: facebook.com/pages/Nibbles/167864883271471
• Radio Nibbles, 8:25 a.m. Thursdays, KGNU (88.5 FM, 1390 AM, and KGNU.org. Details: Weekly chat about all things culinary in Colorado (and the world) with r John Lehndorff