Celebrate National Ice Cream Day (July 19), National Lollipop Day (July 20), National Penuche Fudge Day (July 22), National Tequila Day (July 24) and National Hot Fudge Sundae Day (July 25).
Caramel Hours, 4 – 6 p.m. July 19, Helliemae’s Handcrafted Caramels, Arvada. Information: saltcaramels.com. Details: Candy factory opens once a month for tours and tastings of sweets including dark butter caramels
Castle Rock Winefest, July 21, Castle Rock. Information: http://www.castlerockwinefest.com Details: Allis Ranch Winery, Garfield Estates, Maison La Belle Vie, Spero Winery, Stoney Mesa Winery and a dozens of other Colorado wineries plus food, crafts, tastings and demos
Snowmass Culinary and Arts Festival, July 19-21, Snowmass. Information: snowmassculinaryandarts.com. Details: Grand tasting, wine seminars, and cooking demos with chefs Richard Sandoval (Tamayo, Zengo, La Sandia), Mark Fischer (six89, phat thai), Jenna Johansen (Around the World in 80 Plates), and Mark Matthew DeNittis (Il Mondo Vecchio)
Wine of the Americas, July 19, Museo de las Americas, 861 Santa Fe Dr., Denver. Information: 303-571-4401; museo.org. Details: A conversation about art from the Americas with a tasting of wines from Latin America
FOOD FESTIVALS & EVENTS
• Taste of Colorado, Aug. 31-Sept. 3, Civic Center Park, Denver. Information: atasteofcolorado.com. Details: Annual end-of-summer celebration features lots of food on a stick, culinary demonstrations and tastings, and free music
• Rocky Ford Watermelon Day, Aug. 18, Rocky Ford. Information: arkvalleyfair.com. Details: The 135th annual Arkansas Valley Fair includes a watermelon spitting and decorating contest, a cantaloupe eating contest, plus a beer garden and demolition derby
• Gluten-Free Food Fair, Aug. 19, Denver Merchandise Mart. Information: denverceliacs.org. Details: Dozens of local and national gluten-free vendors including Rudi’s Gluten Free Bakery, Udi’s Gluten Free Foods, BeauJo’s Pizza, and Glutino’s
• Japanese Tea Ceremony, Aug. 5, 11, 12, 18 and 19, Denver Botanic Gardens. Reservations: botanicgardens.org. Details: Tokiyo Imanaka leads a traditional Japanese tea ceremony.
COLORADO FOOD INFORMATION
• For more information about food events, festivals, tastings, tours, markets and more, visit Colorado Table: aurorasentinel.com/colorado-table.
• Visit Aurora has made it a little bit easier to find information about eateries in the city at: visitaurora.com/places-to-eat.
• Listen to Radio Nibbles, 8:25 a.m. Thursdays on KGNU (88.5 FM, 1390 AM, and KGNU.org) where Colorado Table Editor John Lehndorff talks about all thing culinary in the state
• Send information about food events, classes, festivals, wine dinners and tours in the metro area and all over Colorado to: firstname.lastname@example.org