GuideEiffel Tower view: Paris tourism rises after yearlong slump
The biggest drop came in demand for Paris hotels from Chinese, Japanese, Russian and Italian tourists, according to 2016 figures released Tuesday by the Paris regional tourism committee.
GuideSchool district teams with Sandy Hook mom to teach empathy
"I want people to remember that Adam, the person who did this, was also once 6 and in a first-grade classroom, and that if we had reached out earlier then maybe this could have changed," Marquez-Greene said.
GuideTestosterone gel shows no benefit for older men’s memories
"I don't think anybody would interpret these results as saying, 'Wow, this is a fountain of youth, this is a magical anti-aging potion,'" said study co-author Susan Ellenberg, a University of Pennsylvania researcher.
GuideHistorian with expert predictions ponders Trump impeachment
Dey Street Books told The Associated Press on Tuesday that it had acquired Allan J. Lichtman's "The Case for Impeachment" and planned to release it April 18. Lichtman teaches history at American University and has used a system of 13 "keys," from the economy to a candidate's "charisma," to pick presidential winners.
GuideDavid Cassidy fighting memory loss, wants to ‘enjoy life’
The 66-year-old actor-singer tells People magazine his family has a history of dementia and he had sensed "this was coming." He says for now he wants to stay focused and "enjoy life."
GuideCircus lionized for cutting animal acts will bring them back
"Paid attendance was down 6,500 people last year," when compared to 2015, he said. "We had people asking for refunds after finding out there were no animals."
GuideSoulja Boy says boxing match with Chris Brown is off
Both hip-hop stars announced last month that they signed on for a three-round bout to be televised on pay-per-view and promoted by Floyd Mayweather.
GuideMilo Yiannopoulos apologizes for remarks, quits Breitbart
Speaking to reporters in New York on Tuesday, the writer and provocative public speaker apologized for his remarks. Yiannopoulos says his experiences as a victim of sexual abuse as a teenager made him feel he could say outrageous things on the subject. He says that was a mistake. And he says he never intended to suggest sexual abuse of minors is OK
GuideLouvre show: Vermeer was both revolutionary and a borrower
Five years in the making, "Vermeer and the Masters of Genre Painting" presents a third of the Dutch Golden Age master's complete opus to the public. It is the biggest such collection of the old master's work in Europe in almost two decades
GuideLakers shake-up: Magic is in charge after GM Kupchak fired
Jim Buss retains his ownership stake in the team, but Jeanie Buss has final say under the structure set up by their late father, Jerry Buss. She used it to chart a new course for the 16-time NBA champion franchise, which has the NBA's third-worst record at 19-39
GuideArtists seek $1.25 million for Bowie memorial in London
Plans were unveiled Tuesday for a three-story-tall lightning bolt sculpture , inspired by the cover of Bowie's album "Aladdin Sane." The proposal is to install it across from the Brixton Underground station, beside a mural of Bowie as Aladdin Sane
GuideMan who smashed Trump star to pay damages, serve probation
An attorney for James Otis says he pleaded no contest to the felony Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court
- Artists seek $1.25 million for Bowie memorial in London
- Milo Yiannopoulos apologizes for remarks, quits Breitbart
- Testosterone gel shows no benefit for older men’s memories
- Historian with expert predictions ponders Trump impeachment
- David Cassidy fighting memory loss, wants to ‘enjoy life’
- Circus lionized for cutting animal acts will bring them back
- Soulja Boy says boxing match with Chris Brown is off
- Lindsay Lohan says she was profiled while wearing headscarf
- Eiffel Tower view: Paris tourism rises after yearlong slump
- Cobain’s daughter thanks late dad on date of 50th birthday
- Cops warn of cows trying to sell dairy products after escape
- Actor Shia LaBeouf brings anti-Trump piece to New Mexico
- Colorado fruit growers worry over unseasonably warm weather
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: We Can’t Table the Emotion When it Comes To Restaurant Annoyances
- DRINK UP — and maybe wander with change in law for Stanley Marketplace
- To stand out at Super Bowl 51, ads are going for stunts
- NASA opens exhibit on 50th anniversary of Apollo 1 fire
- GOP leaders unveil new health law outline, divisions remain
- House GOP batting around options for revamping health law
- GOP must decide what to do with health law taxes
- Colorado Republicans launch campaign against state insurance exchange
- A bill facing its first test in the Senate Finance Committee Tuesday afternoon would abolish the state-run health insurance exchange