Colorado TableDespite location change, Cora Faye’s keeps serving soul food done right
“They come here clutching their hearts, ‘Oh, you’re still open,’” she said with a laugh.
Colorado TableNo average Joe: Differences set new Iliff Ave coffee shop apart
Along with 27-year-old co-owner Pacharej “Pop” Nuntanavooth, husband and wife Julia Minayeva and Ernest Minayev, both 26 years old, officially opened Sonder Coffee & Tea at 9731 E. Iliff Ave. on Oct. 1. Since then, the shop has lured a growing crop of caffeine fiends to the Denver/Aurora border
Colorado TableCauliflower is surprisingly versatile
Indeed, given that it's high in fiber and an assortment of vitamins and minerals, cauliflower is a healthy alternative to white rice
Colorado TableGame Day S’Mores are a big win for Super Bowl party fare
The s'mores are easy to make, appeal to kids of all ages, and are a guaranteed crowd pleaser. There is no baking or fire-roasting so you can make these indoors and they are safe for even young children to make. I make these often for events because I can make them ahead of time and store them in the freezer. Some people even prefer eating them when they are still frozen.
Colorado TableThis sheet-pan salmon supper will start 2017 just right
Sheet-pan suppers are perfectly quick for weeknight eating, and versatile enough that you can swap out ingredients to match your tastes and your fridge. Don't have salmon? Use sea bass or cod, no problem. Just pay attention to the cook times, particularly as you swap out veggies - you may need to pre-cook hardier vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower. (Tip: you can do a quick microwave steam to par-cook slower-cooking ingredients like potatoes before placing them on the sheet-pan.) You can even use frozen fish fillets for this recipe if you add a little cooking time (use an instant meat thermometer to check for doneness).
- THE MIX: Top Entertainment & Events in Aurora-Denver, Nov. 17- Nov. 23
- THE MIX: Top Entertainment & Events in Aurora-Denver, Nov. 10- Nov. 16
- THE MIX: Top Entertainment & Events in Aurora-Denver, Oct. 20- 26
- Aurora’s Stanley adds arts, culture to its expansive eating, entertainment and shopping menu
- THE MIX: Top Entertainment & Events in Aurora-Denver, Sept. 29- Oct. 5
- THE MIX: Top Entertainment & Events in Aurora-Denver, Sept. 22- 28
- Kevin Bacon loves Baconfest invite, is sorry he can’t attend
- THE MIX: Top Entertainment & Events in Aurora-Denver, Sept. 1- 7
- Flowery teapots in museums, sure, but how about a coffeepot?
- Montezuma peach market fades, but it’s not forgotten