Aurora MagazineSUMMERFUN: Wildlife Experienced?
CU South Denver’s Wildlife Experience in Parker is a hodgepodge of much of what makes Colorado so cool. It’s part museum, part art gallery, part movie theater, and almost all of it celebrates the state’s outdoors and the wildlife that live there.
Aurora MagazineSUMMERFUN: Beer and a Ride on the FoCo Magic Bus
Anyone serious about their brews has already canvassed the best that FoCo has to offer, but the Magic Bus in Fort Collins is a solid way to steer your out-of-stater inebriation tourists away from the pot shops for most of a day and appreciate the fact that before this became the marijuana capital of America, Colorado kicked the rest of the country’s keister in filling bottles, cans, kegs and barrels with the sudsy stuff.
Aurora MagazineSUMMERFUN: Riding Shotgun at the Movies
But the newest auto-centric cinematic experience Denver has to offer is the Denver Mart Drive-In, set to launch its second season on Memorial Day weekend with gates opening at 7 p.m. for shows Fridays through Sundays.
Aurora MagazineSUMMERFUN: Stress Re-Leaf at Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse
Nestled against the Rocky Mountain Foothills in Boulder Colorado alongside Boulder, this visual work of art is considered one of Boulder’s most attractive and popular tourist attractions, as well as being a local favorite for great food, tea and atmosphere.
Aurora MagazineSUMMERFUN: 68th Annual Burro Days
So head to that always-under-appreciated spot on the windy mountain plains: Fairplay. And get your butt there on the last weekend in July, when Burro Days descends on the tiny town in Park County.
Aurora MagazineSUMMERFUN: It’s Still a Kick: Aurora Rodeo at Coal Creek
The 10-acre rodeo arena is the gateway to the Sand Creek Regional Greenway, one of the best trails for equestrians in the metro area. It’s also a neighbor to Kenlyn Arabian Stables, where out-of-state riders can lodge their horses while visiting the state.
- SUMMERFUN: Just the ‘Fax, man — Vacation of Lifetime on the Metro Boulevard of Dreams
- SUMMERFUN: Vacation Dessert in the Desert: Colorado Sand Dunes Rock
- SUMMERFUN: Take a Ride on the Wild Side of Clear Creek in Golden
- SUMMERFUN: Stress Re-Leaf at Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse
- SUMMERFUN: Riding Shotgun at the Movies
- SUMMERFUN: Beer and a Ride on the FoCo Magic Bus
- SUMMERFUN: Wheel Life at Cruzin’ Havana
- SUMMERFUN: Wildlife Experienced?
- SUMMERFUN: It’s Still a Kick: Aurora Rodeo at Coal Creek
- SUMMERFUN: Spice of the Good Life at Annual Chile Festival
- SUMMERFUN: Spring into Summer Spa Mode at Mt. Princeton
- SUMMERFUN: Make That Mandatory Mountain Town Trip Nearby — Idaho Springs
- Colorado Fall Weekend Getaways Where You Can Get It All For Yourself
- FEATURE: Seeing Colorado Toot Sweet
- DAYTRIPPER: Surprises Close to Home at Castlewood Canyon
- DAYTRIPPER: Gone in 60 Minutes only a short drive from the metro area, the road between sedalia and woodland park shows the best colorado can offer
- EXIT STRATEGY: Digging Up Hope in a Colorado Garden of Beaten
- EXIT STRATEGY: The Party’s Over … For Now — This is it. This is your year. You can definitely do this — and hey, wanna grab a slice before the big game?
- EXIT STRATEGY: Kill O’ Calorie Conundrum Or, How I ate My Weigh to hell during the holidays
- EXIT STRATEGY: From The Mouths of Birds
- A New Script: after decades of acting, colorado film school professor discovered weight of characters weighed heavy on her
- A Perfectly Cooked Goose home ec classes have changed significantly over the decades, but some say there’s value in its education
- LEARNING: Method Behind the Mathness
- LEARNING: All Aboard — School Buses in Aurora Are Harder Than Ever to Catch