Aurora MagazineHedonXmas — Have A Very Merry Jane This Holiday Season
A state road map overlaid with a cutout of a marijuana leaf, attached to the word “Colorado,” the print works well in the color green — an obvious choice — but is also available in blue, purple, red or black.
Aurora MagazineHedonXmas — Cut to the Chase
So you wander down the mountain as the minutes go by. The trees are bigger here. The smell of the pine is overwhelming, like being in a frigid sanitized bathroom. A squirrel has a scary tantrum when you reach into a tree to shake the snow off a contender for being the perfect tree.
Aurora MagazineHedonXmas — Fancy Feasts
To limit yourself to a single meal or item at Denver’s shiny new Central Market on Larimer Street is to wave a centrally-located finger-bird at the entire field of culinary arts. Opened just this fall, Central Market is a foodie’s orgasmic paradise. Craving fresh baguettes? Hop over to Izzio Artisan Bakery.
Aurora MagazineHedonXmas — Super Sippers
The holidays are the best time to check out all of Colorado’s over-the-top stouts that our now-famous gastropubs and craft breweries are providing. This year, Four Noses Brewing out of Broomfield is offering a decadent, delightful selection of stouts
Aurora MagazineHedonXmas — Uniquely Colorado Gifts
For that transplant in your life — and we’ve all got some — nothing says “Colorado is my home, really, I mean it” like some swanky state gear complete with that superfluous Colorado flag logo. And while that stuff’s a dime a dozen these days — those “Made in Colorado” stores are no longer vanquished to just the 16th Street Mall but found at nearly every retail location from the Front Range to the Western Slope — if you want truly authentic Centennial State gear, head over to Colorado hipster paradise, Coloradical.
Aurora MagazineHedonXmas — Curing What Ales You
There are ways to help a bit with a hangover, but Gursky says there are some things people do that are virtual locks to make a hangover worse. The simple, sad truth is, if you guzzle champagne and whatever other boozy treat comes your way on New Year’s Eve, you’re in for a hard day Jan. 1.
Aurora MagazineHedonXmas — Over-The-Toppen-Baum
In capturing the Moravian spirit, start by making or buying paper Moravian Stars. These stars, which have 25 or 26 points, are often found illuminating windows or perched above porches during the holidays. They date back to the 1700s when Moravian students in Germany constructed the stars to aid math lessons. The luminescent stars were seen as early as 1747, lighted in windows of buildings in the Moravian community of Herrnhaag, Germany, according to historians.
Aurora MagazineHedonXmas — Worth the Weight
Who’s counting? Just resign yourself to knowing that when January rolls around, you will, too. You only get a few dozen holiday seasons before you ship off, so go for the shameless bliss while you can. And here are a few of our suggestions of ways to feel good about putting on the pounds, while you’re doing it.
Aurora MagazineEXIT STRATEGY: Giving The Grift of Gab
It turns out I may be the original ‘that guy’ when it comes to holiday gifts that everyone hates
- PETS: The Worst Surprises — Pets Can Make Great Holiday Gifts, But Not Without Planning
- AURORA MAGAZINE — Pakistan: Another Varied Land Like Aurora
- HedonXmas — Super Sippers
- HedonXmas — Uniquely Colorado Gifts
- HedonXmas — Fancy Feasts
- HedonXmas — Curing What Ales You
- HedonXmas — Over-The-Toppen-Baum
- HedonXmas — Have A Very Merry Jane This Holiday Season
- HedonXmas — Worth the Weight
- Murders Bring Unexpected Political Lives in Aurora
- VOTE 2016: Treading Carefully — Colorado Libertarians Bask in #NeverHim #NeverHer angst
- The Quidnunc 2016 Election Special: Colorado, Vote or Die — Laughing
- BURBANITE: KEEP ROLLING Some things never get old in Aurora, and the little wheels keep on turning at Skate City
- AURORAN: No Oz for Aurora After Reynolds Auctions Off Hollywood Memorabilia
- AURORAN — Assessing The Donald
- BURBANITE: Taking the Suburbs By Store While Urban Niche Markets Dig Into Smaller and Less
- DRIVEN: Street Dreams Piloting the 2015 Range Rover LWB
- DRIVEN: Circus Ringleader — Audi’s super sedan is scary fast, emphasis on one of those words
- DRIVEN: Murano Is Fit For The Future
- DRIVEN: Rational Revolt bmw’s uber-tech i8 is a glimpse at an automotive future, but one that too few will get to look at
- HedonXmas — Cut to the Chase
- COLORADICAL: Think Strong — A serious Workout Takes Serious Consideration
- COLORADICAL: Strap on your snow shoes and pay a late-season tribute to Ullr. Yes, really
- COLORADICAL: THE RUSH OF THE MUSH Dog-drawn sleds are the only way to travel the snow-covered expanse of Colorado’s backcountry
- FACETIME: All Talk — Aurora’s First Poet Laureate Ends His Tenure As Good As His Word
- FACETIME: A Time and a Place For Every Beer— Launch Pad Brewery owner David Levesque reflects on a year in biz
- Q&A: GAME ON: Sinking Brews and a Game of Battleship With The Stanley Marketplace Co-Founder Mark Shaker
- Q&A: Broncos’ Jordan Norwood Catching Eyes With Off-The-Field Focus
- A New Script: after decades of acting, colorado film school professor discovered weight of characters weighed heavy on her
- A Perfectly Cooked Goose home ec classes have changed significantly over the decades, but some say there’s value in its education
- LEARNING: Method Behind the Mathness
- LEARNING: All Aboard — School Buses in Aurora Are Harder Than Ever to Catch